Summer is very excited about creating a time capsule and hiding it somewhere to rediscover in the future.
I’ve put together some suggestions of things to fill your time capsule with. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Thanks to Long Creations for putting together this 2020 Covid-19 time capsule sheets which is the perfect addition to a 2020 time capsule.
5 steps to creating a time capsule
1) Find a jar or box to store your contents.
2) Fill it with fun things – You can find our idea checklist below
3) Hide or bury your capsule
4) Try to forget about it
5) Rediscover it in the future
So, first things first you will need to find a container, something not too big and something not too small. You can use this free printable label or make your own.
Next fill your container with a range of interesting things you might want to know about in the future. Some suggestions are;
- Newspaper clippings
- A piece of your artwork
- Pictures of your family or your pets
- A news report written by you detailing something important happening in the world right now
- A letter to your future self
- A list of facts about your life today such as your favourite book or TV show, your favourite toy, your favourite sweetie, where you go to school, who your friends are, the list is never ending!
- Small toys that might not exist in the future such as fidget spinners, McDonalds toys or LOL dolls
- Packaging from your favourite food items
- Certificates or medals you have earned at school or out of school clubs